Chilled Peach Soup has an affinity with white wine and peaches making this a very interesting dessert. The two naturally go together along with amaretto, honey and vanilla.
Preparing the Peaches
To learn more about the different types of peaches and an easy method of peeling them that takes only the skin, leaving the flesh intact check out all about peaches.
Because peaches vary in sweetness, start with ⅓ cup sugar. After the soup is blended, taste it for sweetness. Add the additional sugar if necessary.
This Chilled Peach Soup couldn't be an easier dessert to make ahead - and perfect for the end of the peach season.
Chilled Peach Soup
- 3 large peaches or 4 medum peaches
- 2 ½ cups dry white wine
- ¼ cup Amaretto
- ⅓ to ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Tahitian Vanilla
- ½ cup water
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the peaches and blanch them for 3 to 4 minutes until the skin comes off easily. As soon as they are done, run cold water over them and peel the skin off. Cut them in half and remove the seed. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a medium size sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add the peaches, cut side down. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer the peaches until they are very soft.
- Place the peaches in a blender or food processor and blend or process until they are completely smooth. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the liquid to the blender and blend it. Combine the two. Store in the refrigerator.